So let’s get started!
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Least favorite movie?
I don’t know if I could pick one since I generally don’t finish movies I don’t like. I did get all the way through Slugs, and that was pretty awful…
- Name one movie you loved upon initial viewing but eventually grew to hate (or vice-versa).
It’s been awhile, but I never cared much for Old School and when I was in high school it seemed like we would end up watching all or some of it every. Single. Weekend. I thought it was fine the first time, didn’t love it, but eventually I couldn’t stand it.
- Name your biggest “guilty pleasure” film.
C.H.U.D. - though I’m really not that guilty about it
- Favorite quote from a favorite actor/actress (must be a line from a movie)?
“You’re gonna need a bigger boat.” – Martin Brody, Jaws
- Favorite quote from a favorite actor/actress (must NOT be a line from a movie)?
I honestly don’t think I have one
- Three favorite movie scenes?
Copa scene – Goodfellas
Danny’s big wheel ride – The Shining
Car chase – Bullitt
- Four films that should NOT have won Best Picture?
Dances with Wolves (1990 – should have been Goodfellas)
Rocky (1976 – should have been either Network or Taxi Driver)
My Fair Lady (1965 – should have been Dr. Strangelove)
How Green Was My Valley (1941 – should have been Citizen Kane)
- Top five of the year (currently)?
Beasts of the Southern Wild
The Dark Knight Rises
Cabin in the Woods
- Bottom three of the year (currently)?
Haven’t really seen anything too terrible, but Hunger Games was my most disappointing, I think.
- What film gets your vote for the worst or most pointless remake?
I haven’t seen it yet, but The Amazing Spider-Man is definitely up there on principle alone. Psycho is always going to be high on that list as well.
- Is there any film you think is actually desperate for a remake?
There are a bevy of older, fantastic films that I think could stand a new audience or even being brought into the current times but for every remake of a silent movie I see, they are usually terrible. I don’t think remakes are inherently bad, but I also don’t see much of a case for disturbing the originals.
- Name your three favorite film heroes.
Han Solo – Star Wars trilogy
Paul Kersey – Charles Bronson’s character in the Death Wish movies
Batman – various, but Christian Bale is my favorite
- Name your three favorite film villains.
“Bruce” the shark – Jaws
Jack Torrence – Jack Nicholson from The Shining
The Joker – Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight
- Best sequel?
The Empire Strikes Back and unless some freak miracle happens, this answer will never change for me.
- Worst sequel?
Hey, remember that Blair Witch Project sequel, Book of Shadows? Well, you should try to forget it. Not that the original was that great or anything…
- Best trilogy?
I’m not sure I could live with myself if I said anything other than the original Star Wars trilogy.
- Worst trilogy?
Did you know they made three (count ‘em) live-action Alvin and the Chipmunk movies? *shudder*
- What’s your favorite word to use in a movie review (if your film blog does not feature reviews, substitute “review” with “-related post”?)
I’m actually not sure if I say it that often in my own reviews, but I’m a big fan of the word “turd”.
- Anything else?
Curly fries are better than regular fries.